Monday 14 January 2013

Starting with a rest

Morning blood sugar today: 4.0
Episodes of low blood sugar today: 1 (again, at work, but read a 3.9 around 9am, felt ok so had a snack)
"C's" mood today: woke up babbling at 6am! Apparently he was ready to go...if only we could translate what the heck he was saying at the crack of dawn. :)
Donations today: None (the January lull)
Clean eating lunch today: Spinach salad with almonds, dried cranberries, and feta with whole grain crackers. Delicious!

Slow day at work today. I had an almost fully booked day when I arrived but ended up seeing only a handful of people. This doesn't happen very often, so I should really just take a deep breath and enjoy it but it is in my nature when this does happen to feel antsy. Then the analyzing starts. 'Why didn't my client's show up' How much is this costing me to be here' I could have had a day at home with my son."I guess everyone has a case of the January doldrums this week, me included.

It started Saturday night when I laid down for the night. Suddenly it felt like I was swallowing razor blades. This should really come as no surprise-C and almost everyone I work with has been fighting a cold for the past week or so. It is funny how you think a nice weekend away will help to make you feel refreshed. Jeff and I went down to Seattle for 2 nights over the weekend; my wonderful parents looked after C for us so that we could have a fun time shopping and having some down time. It was wonderful to get away with Jeff, and even more wonderful to shop with as much time as I needed. I spent way too much and found some great things including some awesome new fluorescent runners and a fab running jacket (High performance gear for me! No more Costco yoga pants!). But for some reason instead of feeling refreshed I feel more tired. Sometimes I am not the best with a change in routine, maybe this has thrown me off.

I think the world is collectively trying to tell me to get some rest. I picked up my training schedule for the half marathon last night; I was excited to see what workout was scheduled for today. The schedule says "Monday-REST"  So considering I am feeling slightly under the weather and likely just to make things worse if I push on I am going to listen today to what the world seems to be telling me. So I'm off to pick up C, and home for a nice afternoon nap! If you need me, sorry I'll be sleeping. I'll catch you tomorrow! Maybe this is what I should have told people in the first place this morning! :)





These lovelies will have to wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment