Monday 20 January 2014

New Pods, New technology!

Morning blood sugar: 5.3- the winning streak continues! :)
Episodes of low blood sugar today: zip, nada. Another win- I like to win :)
C's mood today: I only got to see him this morning for a quick hug and smooch before heading to work. He slep great though! Until 6:55. Win, win! I am on my way to pick him up shortly.
Clean eating today: lunch was a mixed salad with a 1/2 cup of quinoa and a sprinkle of goat cheese with balsamic dressing. Dessert was a small homemade protein bar with coconut and dried cranberries. So good!
Workout today: a 5 am wake up again with an old workout from my fitness challenge this past December called 'quadruple the fun' 40 minutes of intervals consisting of upper and lower body strength exercises with burpees mixed in. Finished in time for a shower and my first client at 7:20am.

I'm excited today- new pods arrived for my insulin management system. They are something like 30% smaller than what I am currently wearing. The crazy thing is they also sent me a new remote for my pump as well ( also known as a PDM). I guess the new pods require a new remote with new technology. Amazing what these little things can do- they provide a steady stream of baseline insulin (basal rate) and a larger amount for when I am eating (a Bolus that it calculates according to the grams of carbohydrate I am consuming). Yay for technology! Yay to Omnipod for striving for smaller pods- making my disease a little less noticeable to me. Feeling very blessed and fortunate to have access to such a great system, a system that makes me feel more like my old non- diabetic self. I wish every diabetic could access this!
The first picture shows the new pods on the right. They are not as long and not as wide. This day is full of wins! Happy Monday everybody- hope your day is full of wins as well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment