Friday 7 March 2014

Who needs Hagen Daz?

Morning blood sugar: 4.9
Episodes of low blood sugar today: I should hope none (!) I just woke up
C's mood today: he is still sleeping but so far maybe a little grumpy (?). I set my alarm early so that I could have some quiet time to myself before the rest of the house is up (I swear if you have never done this, you should try it. It's hard to get up but glorious to have a quiet moment to yourself- particularly if you are a mom, and a mom to a non-stop toddler!). There is NO WAY he heard my alarm (I wake up to a vibrating and gently ringing iPhone) but after I turned my alarm off, C started crying. I went to see if he was ok and was promptly told "Go Back To Your Bed!!" Well then. Love him, but sometimes I wonder why he gets mad at me for making sure he is ok :) Stage of development I guess (?).
Clean Eating Today: does a preworkout Fig Newton, glass of 1% milk and half an Isagenix E shot count? Likely not. I struggle with pre workout snacks as I need some fast acting sugar to raise my blood sugar, but also don't want too much protein or fibre to upset my stomach so I usually end up eating something white. Not the greatest....
Workout: about to get changed to do an interval/hill workout on the treadmill- aiming to do 7 intervals with a 2 km warmup and 2 km cool down.

I have been nursing a cold for the past few days and last night finally started to feel better. I know it was a cold and not the flu (thank goodness) as my blood sugars did not go sky high in the last few days. My energy was LOW on Wednesday, the days I stay home with C. Thank goodness for a toddler who naps! Mom napped too, for hours. 
Does anyone else crave bad food when they aren't feeling well? I do, for sure. I was dreaming of ice cream to soothe my sore throat, so I came up with the following concoction:

Amy's Diabetic Ice Cream
1/2 a banana (fairly ripe, not green, but not black)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1scoop Isagenix chocolate shake mix ( or protein powder, if you don't have shake mix)
Directions: mix ingredients together in a blender and place in freezer for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!
Delicious-it soothed my sore throat and didn't leave me feeling guilty or sick! Yay! Who needs Hagen Daz?

No comments:

Post a Comment