Wednesday 12 March 2014

Daylight savings drain

Morning blood sugar: 5.2
Episodes of low blood sugar today: None
C's mood today: We had such a great day! Wednesdays are my days as 'full time mom'- we went over this morning to meet the new baby on the block; my beautiful friend and neighbor had a baby boy February 1st and yes, it took me this long to get over for a visit. C was fab-he played quietly with toys while we had a nice visit with babe, mom, and a few other of my fabulous neighbors. The sun was shining this afternoon so we were out playing with the boys across the street. We are so lucky to live in such a great neighborhood, with so many kids! A couple of blips in the day include a stand off at bath time-C (and I) were tired, and the relentless response of "WHY?" to everything I ask of him. I run out of responses after a while and end up with the 'I never thought I would say this' "because I said so" I am officially a cliche! :)
Clean eating today: My husband was home all afternoon (yay!) due to a new and exciting change in his professional life (more on this some other time) and he made an awesome dinner of grilled snapper with lemon, quinoa, asparagus, and pickles ( I know, the pickles are kinda funny, but they are sooooo good and C loves them!)
Workout today: 10 km on the treadmill -this one was hard fought as I was out last night doing hills with a local running club and my legs felt oh so tired this morning, but I got it done! I was lucky enough to be asked to speak at my local Running Room last night on injury prevention-I had a great time speaking to a group of about 10 ladies that are training for their first 10km, a great and friendly group.

Is anyone else feeling this time change? I feel that I am still adjusting. The time change did not start well for me, I had the WORST sleep Saturday night. It was part getting over the last bit of a cold, part overly tired, part anxiety about the long run I had to miss Saturday due to torrential rain, and was, for whatever reason just dreading the next day. Oh, and maybe the 3 glasses of wine I consumed (1 at lunchtime with my parents and 2 with dinner)? All of the above lead to a 4 hour sleep and a feeling of utter exhaustion in the morning.
Thank goodness for husbands that say the right thing at the right time. As I woke and frantically tried to figure out how I was going to fit in 29km on a Sunday in a state of exhaustion, Jeff told me that "I didn't have to do it", that "missing 1 long run was not going to make our break my training", and that a training program is simply a "suggestion" and not the be all and end all. Thank goodness for his words because they convinced me to take the day off and simply rest. My body was screaming for a day off and I am better for it. Even though it was screaming, my mind obviously wasn't listening; sometimes it takes someone who knows you well to point out the obvious. Love you Jeff!


No comments:

Post a Comment