Tuesday 18 March 2014

10 days down, a few more to go!

Morning blood sugar: 6.6 (no worries, it was up on purpose. I learned last week about having a preset on my pump for mornings I will be up early to work out. I want my insulin stream to be reduced about an hour before I exercise-so my pump was set to go down 1 hour before wake up. It worked well, I was up a bit but not up too high, just perfect!)
Episodes of low blood sugar today: None :)
C's mood today: That kid is full of energy. At 6:30pm Jeff and I counted him running laps around the living room-he completed 27 laps-mostly running full tilt. If you have never seen an almost 3 year old huffing and puffing and a little sweaty it is a must. Hilarious! And thank goodness he liked this game of us sitting and watching, as both Jeff and I had seriously run out of steam by this time of day.
Clean Eating today: I had an Isagenix shake for breakfast with a piece of sunflower toast, a salad with a hard boiled egg and whole grain crackers for lunch, and veggie chili for dinner (lots of beans, ground round, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, spices-yum!)
Workout today: I'm not going to lie-I was tired this morning and was rushed to do an 8km tempo on the treadmill before work. The good news is, I completed a solid 35 minutes on the treadmill-not so good news, didn't exactly hit the distance I was suppose to. Hey, maybe that is what my body needed today?!
Just say no! For a few more days anyways. But who's counting?


It has been 10 days since I have had a glass of wine. Or any alcohol for that matter. After that anxiety-ridden, sleepless Saturday night of the dreaded Daylight Savings weekend, I made a pact with Jeff to rid alcohol from my system for 40 days. I really enjoy a glass (or two) of wine here and there, and really believe that I don't have a problem with alcohol. At the most, during a more stressful week, I would usually have 1 glass/night about 3 days per week and probably another 4 drinks over the weekend. Not a little, but not a lot. But I hate to admit it, I think it makes me sleep poorly, when I have to run the next day no amount of fluids can quench my incessant thirst, and because of the above two factors I am usually grumpy. Not a good combination for me or anyone that has to spend time with me.
I have been lucky so far though, it has been relatively easy. Easy because I have not had any social outings to go to, or family dinners. It will be tougher in the next week or so because I will be venturing out more, not because I need to drink, but simply because having a drink is a socially relaxing thing to do.
This weekend I have a few get outings planned so I am really hoping that I can stick to my guns and ride it out. I am sure I can say no, but the difficult part is not envying the people I am with for imbibing. Of course I want the people I am with to have a good time, and by no means do I want them to feel judged because I have decided to take this challenge; I am not judging at all. But you know how it is, it is tough to watch someone enjoy something, when you would kinda, sorta like to enjoy the same thing as well. If you don't know what I mean, ask a Diabetic, they'll know. In fact we are kind of experts in that department! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment