Saturday 13 July 2013

Chocolate on the ceiling

Morning blood sugar: 6.6
Episodes of low blood sugar today: none :)
C's mood today: I haven't seen him yet today :( I woke up at 5:45am for work and left before he was up-currently waiting for his nap and daycare to be over so that I can grab him and give him a big squeeze.
Workout today: a scheduled "8km" with my Running Room Clinic www.runningroom.ca-I put this in brackets as I am not sure what kind of 8k this is going to be (ie. hills, fartleks, ??) the email was vague about how gut busting this workout is going to be-if only they knew how annoying this is for a Diabetic who counts her Stinger gummies according to how long, intense, difficult her workout is. Alas.
Clean eating today: leftover Prawn, mango and basil stir fry for lunch; I made this last night for dinner with rice. Yummy.

Confession time. It's been another busy week and here we are Thursday afternoon already.

Confession #1: I have a cleaning lady

My wonderful cleaning lady comes to our house 2x/month for 3 hours each time and I have to say it is the best money I have ever spent. She typically comes Wednesday mornings when I am at work and I have to say that there is nothing like walking in to a fresh smelling house, feeling those newly mopped hardwood floors under your feet. I walked in yesterday and breathed it all in-proceeded in to the kitchen to see this on my kitchen ceiling???

If you can't tell, that is my kitchen ceiling splattered with chocolate protein shake. I quickly pieced together that my husband likely did this in his morning rush. I shortly after questioned him via text message-it turns out he was making his morning shake and scraping the sides of the blender to get all the protein powder off the wall of the blender when his wooden chopstick went a little too far into the blender and -chop, chop! Jeff said C exclaimed "whoaa" Ha! Wish I could have been there. Hilarious. Not so hilarious was cleaning the ceiling with a toothbrush as to not wreck the speckled finish (yes, I cleaned it!).

Confession # 2: Sometimes I don't get things done when I would like to.

As you have probably guessed from the beginning of this post, I started writing it Thursday afternoon. I had thoughts of coming home from my running group to finish it but that didn't happen. I was tired after a tough 8km of hills and I hadn't seen my husband all day. That hour we had before our bedtime was spent together watching our guilty pleasure of CBS' "Big Brother" I know, it's garbage television, please don't judge. Jeff and I don't have lots of crutches but this is most definitely one of them. Awesome episode too! Nick went home and Alyssa stayed! Sorry non-fans, I know you have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment