Sunday 3 March 2013

Busy body

Morning blood sugar: 5.1 -right on target ;)
Episodes of Low blood sugar today: none to date, teetering on the edge with a few 4.1s
"C's" mood today: I'm going to do a big 'sigh' here :) I have been doing some deep breathing today, summoning some patience for this 'I'm going to play devil's advocate' toddler by the name of C. I ask if he wants yogurt, he says 'yes', I get the yogurt and attempt to hand it to him, he swats the yogurt out of my hand onto the floor. Repeat this scenario with books, water cups, clothing, etc. :) Just smile and enjoy this phase Amy, right?
Clean eating today: Found this amazing cookbook at the library this week called "Parents need to eat too" www.parentsneedtoeattoo.com Wish I had had this on hand about two years ago when I was 9 months pregnant with C-you live, you learn. Cooking ideas as the author, Debbie Koenig says, "nap-friendly recipes, one handed meals, and time-saving tricks for new parents" or parents of an almost-2 year old!
Workout today: 12 wonderful kilometers of solitude this morning in the Vancouver Island sunshine- I was back home by 9am. Fantastic.

It is gorgeous here today. 12 degrees and sunny. This following 3 days of dark gray skies and torrential rain-ok maybe not torrential, but the kind of rain that soaks you in 10 minutes. Not the kind of weather you can get out and enjoy. Not like today; today is beautiful.

What is it about sunshine that makes me want to accomplish 10 million things at once. I want to scrub my house and air it out, I want to blog, I want to get some fundraising things ready, I want to try new recipes, I want to go outside with my son. I want, I want, I want. Deep breath Amy! Maybe you should go have a nap! Yes, that is probably what I should do. I have been fighting a scratchy throat and congested chest for what seems like 2 weeks. But something about the sunshine makes me want to check stuff off my to-do list.

I'm gearing up for a very busy week. I have appointments to attend-1 will hopefully accomplish the goal of getting started on my insulin pump (scheduled for Wednesday-we will see how things go). I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I wanted to make sure and have some good workouts this weekend because Margaret, the nurse at the Diabetic Education Center, has told me that for the first week of being on the pump I will have to avoid exercise so that we can get my basal rate of insulin sorted out (ie.the small amount of insulin the pump will be feeding me continuously). Apparently exercise complicates things a little too much to try and figure things out to begin with (who new? :).

So for an exercise junkie like myself (not to mention I am in the middle of a training program!) I am going to try and make the most of my exercise-free week. Jeff and I have a mortgage appointment Thursday (Yawn! But something a responsible adult cannot escape); I will try my best to avoid that "eyes glazed over stare" my face assumes when people start to talk about financing and investments-thank goodness for my husband, he loves that stuff.  Friday I have an appointment with my co-worker Lana-she is an acupuncturist. After a year of talking about it,  I am going to let her get her hands on me-should be great, am looking forward to it (for those of you that don't know, I treat with acupuncture as part of my physiotherapy practice. It can do amazing things, and really works for me. For some, the results aren't as outstanding. But let me just say there is a reason why this form of treatment has existed for thousands of years!).

Now hopefully I can get started on some more fundraising things as well this week, ideally today. I have some ideas, but just need to put pen to paper (so to speak). I am $2,495.00 away from my goal of $6,500.00- and $1,995.00 away from the minimum requirement of $6,100.00 to make it to Iceland. Daunting, I know. But when I look at the fact that I have to date managed to raise $4,105.00- I am more than 2/3rds of the way there. Amazing! Still can't believe where I am at!

But having said that, I am going to follow my son's lead and have a nap! This other stuff can wait. At least for an hour. :)


Hello sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment