Saturday 8 June 2013

Where did May go?




Morning blood sugar today: 3.3-ouch! not a good way to start the day-apparently should have set a temporary reduced rate overnight on my pump. Thankfully because my husband went grocery shopping Thursday we had a fresh box of OJ in the fridge-this came in handy.
Episodes of low blood sugar today: 2-including the above. Went out with C to do some shopping later in the morning and tested a 3.9 before driving home. What the heck? I have had so many less incidences of LBS since starting the pump 2 months ago that days like this are extremely rare.
C's mood today: he has not been sleeping well lately, I have no idea why. He is napping currently and just surpassed the 3 hour mark! I know, that is a crazy long nap, but he needs it. All things considered he was quite a fantastic shopping partner this morning-quiet and sat in the stroller for the whole excursion. Amazing! Things started to go south at lunch where he proceeded to throw his cucumber sticks at me-this resulted in a 'time out' in his room in which he laid quietly in his crib for 5 minutes while I finished my lunch. I know! Seriously-2 year olds are crazy unpredictable. They are wonderful one moment and emotionally draining the next.
Donations: last Friday night I received a $250.00 anonymous donation which helped me to surpass the $6,100.00 mark-this is a huge benchmark as it has qualified me to run in Iceland. Amazing! I still can't believe it. So thank you whoever you are! I wish I could thank you personally and not on some blog entry!
Workout today: Crosstraining day-"The Saturday 1000"-10 different exercises repeated in succession with a break of 1 minute, repeated 10 times. In truth, my feet have been sore lately so I did the Saturday 700 instead...and stretched the be-jesus out of my legs and feet to finish up. Gotta take care of these feet!
Clean eating today: 12 days ago Jeff and I started a new nutrition program thanks to our friend A-I will write further on this in the days to come as we are still in the early stages but so far I am sleeping better, have far less indigestion, and more energy! A passed on a recipe to me which is my new favorite snack-No bake, banana coconut homemade protein bars. Can you say yum? Yummmmm. :)

Oh man, life has been busy lately. The weeks are flying and I really don't know where they are going. I have been working, parenting, fundraising, trying to be a present wife and daughter, and this all adds up to no blogging for weeks. Of course my Type A self thinks "you need to make time to write!" Well these days extra rest and relaxation takes priority over everything else.

Having reached a huge fundraising goal it certainly feels as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I have managed to climb one huge mountain-I have to say a huge thank you to my mom who was an integral part of me reaching my goal. Her and I certainly have gone far outside our comfort zones in the past 6 months.

Anyone who knows my mom knows that she is a quiet and introverted woman; those that know her really well know that when she became a mother almost 34 years ago she became a "Mama Bear'' in every sense of the word. No one, I mean no one, was going to stand in her daughter's way to success. For Carol, this meant phoning and writing to relatives she hadn't communicated with in years. She did it though! And she did it for me! So thank you Mom. You are seriously wonderful! :)

Recently I read a quote that really captured what I have been through in the last 10 months. I have listed it below:
"Life has its ups and downs. It can be both brutal and beautiful. You can hole yourself away to avoid life's pain, but then the beauty seldom finds it's way in. It's only when you attempt to go where you cannot go, or do what you cannot do, that you can achieve what you are truly capable of doing. Sure, you might tumble, you might fall. So what? Take a chance. Go way out on the limb. Dare to try - even if it's just a shot in the dark.


Is it hilarious or irony that this came from a wine label? I say as a wine lover it was fitting. :)
The delicious wine that the above quote came from




No comments:

Post a Comment