Tuesday 14 May 2013

A forbidden glass


Too stuffed up and fed up to write a proper post today. Have been fighting a wicked cold the last five days- via my son, via-via my nephew ( it's ok J, my love for you is unconditional,so not to worry). So I've decided to post a few pics of my evening. This is the first illness I've had that has royally messed up my blood sugars- hence being fed up. Fasting blood sugars of 10-12 are not normal for me, especially when I have skipped snacks due to lack of appetite (hence being fed up). Thus, this has left me grouchier than hungover Leafs fans today (sorry, too soon?).
These pictures were following a much needed 2 hour nap- my son clocked 3! Hence how I was able to accomplish the pictures posted below and thus once again feel human after almost a week!
Healthy baked ziti for dinner- added spinach and ricotta and not so much fatty cheese-if you look closely I did a mom substitute of marble cheese on top (aka I forgot to buy mozzarella- these things happen when you can't breathe, taste or hear).
My sous chef! Ie. he slept while I made dinner and posed for pictures once all the work was done. Will take this anyday over holding a thirty pound cutie in one arm while trying to stir, mix, schlep food around. Thanks C for the marathon nap.
C smiling with his untouched Ziti. What did he eat for dinner? Yogurt, red pepper and carrots, and about three tablespoons of Parmesan cheese (hope that isn't bad- there are worse things he could eat I suppose) :)
I decided last week that in the spirit of my last 14 weeks of training for Iceland I would abstain from my ( almost) nightly glass of wine- limited to only twice a week. Well lets just say I am enjoying a forbidden glass tonight with my ziti ( because really who doesn't drink wine with pasta? ). This cold has derailed a few things- promise to be back on track in a few days. Really, why do I set these rules for my self?  Something about striving for excellence, yada, yada. 
Here is hoping for clear sinuses tomorrow! 
Ps. Broke $5,000.00 yesterday for donations- thank you to my 2nd cousin ( an Icelander of course!) and my parents' generous neighbour- my total today is $5,135.00 Not bad for someone that can barely breathe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment