Thursday 5 September 2013

Back to life, back to reality

What a great trip we had! We arrived back in Canada Monday, had my first day of work today. I'm coming around but still have moments of feeling like I need to run to bed, now! I want to write more but feel like I am back to the grind already with an ever expanding 'to do' list. It was so nice to get away, get out of my routine, and above all finish off 9 months of hardwork by completing that half marathon I have been training for.
A quick post tonight just to post a few pictures...
Taking off from Seattle with Icelandair- C loved the plane, especially the window seat 
My boys out for one of our amazing dinners- Icelanders (as the rest of Europeans) know good food!
Amma (that is Icelandic for Grandmother) on a funky shopping street down from our rented apartment. That is the church Hallgrímskirkja- don't ask me to pronounce it!
Jeff and I at The Blue Lagoon. Had a beer in the hot springs. This was the day after my race-my legs loved the geothermal waters which are suppose to have healing effects ( I would hope so at 40!euros per person for entry- oh well, it's worth it!)
Promise to write more extensively later but for now time for bed-it's 9:30pm. In my defense that is 4:30 am in Iceland. 


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment